After a long research, which lasted almost 11 hours, i manage to write an article of the 10 places which looks like hell. The research took me so long because i try to find clues and facts which isn’t refer in any other common post or article on internet. I also tried to avoid Wikipedia, and here it is… i hope to find it interesting.
~Crime levels have raised dramatically through the last decade. Despite the criminality in the most countries of the world, there are cities and places much worse than others. Cities which make you think that you might be in hell. To be accurate, you really might be if you take into account that these places are full of murderers, abductors, drug dealers, thieves and gang member. This list will present you the 10 worst cities in the world which will make you wishing, never to be there.
10) Cali, Colombia Cali is one of the most dangerous places in the world. Drug dealers and cartels manage the city. Pablo Escobar had acted in Cali, although the city is well known for the Cali Cartel, a drug cartel in southern Colombia. Cali Cartel was counted an amount of 700,000 members, and a vast territory like USA, Mexico, Spain, Argentina and many other countries of South America. The Cali cartel stopped being active since 1998, 5 years after Escobar’s death, but the city is still struggling with drug trafficking, prostitution, kidnapping and trafficking. At the same time researchers have estimated that there is a probability of attacking during the daylight of 45,83% while there is a probability of 81,94 during the night, which is the reason why this place is worse than hell.[https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Cali]
9) Cape Town, South Africa There is a high rate of murderers in the city, fact which is the major concern of the tourists. Cape Town has a beautiful scenery, but sadly is very dangerous for living there or even visit the town. Despite the efforts, things aren’t getting better. Also the corruption of the Cape Town police is so rife. Police has been involved in rapes, murders and thefts, events that leading to the deterioration of the situation since there isn’t offer help and security to the residents of the city and the tourists. Cape Town can offer you a probability of safety during daylight of 50,41% while you have a probability of safety during night of 17,58[https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/CapeTown]
8) Palmira, Colombia Another Colombian town is among the most hell-look alike cities in the world. Palmira is a very dangerous city and anyone who is planning to travel there should know that Palmira is most known for the street crime .The most common types of crime include, but are not limited to, muggings, assaults, cell phone theft, credit card fraud, and burglaries. Vehicle break-ins, thefts, and carjackings are also a common risk. Criminals are quick to resort to violence and commonly use knives and firearms it is not uncommon for a victim to be seriously injured or killed when resisting a robbery. Furthermore, thefts and assaults occur frequently on public buses in urban and rural areas.
7) Valencia, Venezuela Valencia has remained one of the deadliest cities in the world . Although the third largest city in Venezuela is developing, crime has been a major problem in Valencia. For the past three years, crimes including robbery, kidnapping, illegal drug trades, vandalism, theft, corruption and bribery, assault and armed robbery have increased. There were 72.31 murders per 100,000 last year.The violence and the crime levels rising sharply, making Valencia one of the most dangerous places to live and much
more to visit. The poorest areas, also known as “barrios,” frequently provide safe haven for criminal gangs that utilize these neighborhoods as bases of operations. A majority of violent crime in Valencia—and Venezuela in general—occurs in barrios, and criminal “ownership” of some of these neighborhoods often prevents police from entering. The freedom with which many of these gangs operate is due to a lack of police.
6) Distrito Central, Honduras Since 2010 Honduras has had one of the highest murder rates in the world. Thousands of people every year visit the city for study, tourism and voluntary work. The National Violence Observatory [https://www.osac.gov] , an academic research institution based out of Honduras’ National Public University, reported a murder rate of 66.4 per 100,000 people at 2014. Crime and violence have long been a problem in Honduras. In a 2016 crime and safety report by the United States Bureau of Diplomatic Security, the crime rating was listed as high, with civil unrest and kidnapping listed as potential threats.
5) Maturin, Venezuela Maturin is paradise on land for those who dreamed a life as thieves or murderers. Maturin has been hit hard by Venezuela’s economic crisis and has a murder rate to match. It had a reported 86.45 murders per 100,000 last year.[http://www.worldatlas.com], Maturin is included in the most dangerous cities on earth. Bloody demonstrations, drugs, kidnappings, thefts, and murders are some frequent incidents that somebody will meet in Maturin.
4) Acapulco, Mexico The enchanting landscape of Acapulco is in contrast to the situation prevailing in the city. Although its shores lie in the Pacific ocean, in the center of the cartels fighting each other for the control. Αs a result of this, cartel clashes have intensified, violence has filtered out of the poor neighborhoods surrounding the city, spilling into tourist areas. Criminal groups have turned more to localized crimes, like kidnapping and extortion to create revenue. It obvious that Acapulco is not recommended for vacations while it has a reported murder rate of 104.73 per 100,000 people [http://www.worldatlas.com].
3) San Salvador, El Salvador For every one of you who have decide to travel to San Salvador, I have to warn you that there is a very good chance for you to get mugged. It is true that El Salvador is a very beautiful country with plenty of attractions and many things for you to do as a tourist. Despite the nature, the blue sea and the hiking you might have to confront some of the gangs which might hanging around at the streets. San Salvador is very famous for the cold blood killers, drug dealers and thieves. It’s still reasonable if you take into account that some of the worse criminals are imprisoned in the San Salvador prisons. There is a huge number of guards in and out of the prison, but there have were many times that they could not restrain them. There are many reported incidents of drug dealing and killings inside prisons. Although a large number of drug abductors and drug dealers are in prison, that is only a small sample of the criminals circulating in the city. San Salvador is not recommended for living and certainly not for tourism as it turns out from the murder rate of 108.54 per 100.00 people.
2) San Pedro Sula, Honduras Once again, a city of Honduras is on the list and this time is the city of San Pedro Sula. This small and and poorly populated town has a lot of problems and is refered by many people as the most dangerous place on the earth. As in the most latinspeaking countries, the biggest problem who makes San Pedro Sula a hell on land is the gangs who run the town. Prostitution is also a huge problem as drugs. With no other means of income, children and relatives to support, the women must work until they become too sick to continue. Condoms are rarely used by their clients fuelling the spread of the virus. A ‘debt system’ operates throughout the bordello’s where the women are lent money to buy drugs, clothes, etc. from the brothel owner, they cannot ever hope to repay. They easily become indebted to the owner and become his ‘property’ until the debt is re-paid. They cannot leave the brothel without his permission and must ‘pop’ as many clients as possible. He may also sell ‘problem girls’ onto other brothel owners. On the other hand, police officers are afraid of gangs, so they are not activated against the gangs leaving the residents helpless and hopeless [https://www.aol.com]. You can meet from child prostitution and organ trafficking to drug dealers and kidnappers. San Pedro Sula is a place equal as hell and forbidden for those who want to keep their lives
1) Caracas, Venezuela At the first place we find Caracas, a place which is worse than hell. Caracas is the capital city of Venezuela and the most violent city in the world. Homicides at the city recorded the highly murder rate of 119.87 per 100,000 people. Caracas has been at the top of the list since 2014 and the situation has only got worse. Gangs are uncontrolled while drugs and murders thrive. In July, the Headquarters of the Forensics Laboratory of Caracas reported 535 violent deaths. According to unofficial and anonymous sources of the Venezuelan Institute of Journalists, there are approximately 17 deaths each day. While the crime levels are rising .The government, trying to keep its back on track, is facing an aggressive attitude towards citizens and demonstrators, adding an additional problem to its already overburdened policy. At the same time, the government is afraid to strike crime at the root, remains impenetrable and encourages drug abuse and prostitution in the slums. Moreover, the economic crisis has led people to easy money. It makes sense when the government abandons its people to slums, they turn to robbery, murder, and drug trafficking. It is an inappropriate city. Resembles a different world in which there is also a social order that preaches to survive.